The Edwardian Ball

Captain Goofball reporting for duty!
Given Valentine's day is always a clustercuss in terms of planning this year we bypassed it all in favor of celebrating early on Saturday and going to the Los Angeles Edwardian Ball. (There is a San Francisco one as well as a New Orleans one too.)

It's not really Edwardian, it's really a sort of Edwardian-1920s/steampunk/fantasy electro-swing costume party. And this year for some reason I felt very meh about costuming.  Since I've been watching Agent Carter and daydreaming about the Lee Miller cosplay I'm going to do for  Costume College I was in more of a 1940s mood, so I decided to pull together a dieselpunk look from my closet and I have to say I was pretty happy with it!

The ball was at a new venue this year. While Downtown LA is very convenient for us I have to say I liked the other theater better. This seemed a lot more crowded and didn't have the lovely rooftop dancing area that we'd had in the past. Nonetheless we had a good time.


Main floor

Hilarious clown DJ
The top hatted and monocled audience

They had hilarious Gorey themed cut outs and speech bubbles in the hallways.

Horrors!

and the always fabulous Dark Garden Corset Fashion Show

We found and lost friends and cell service was terrible so we ended up just hanging out in the basement where the excellent jazz was.  Get a load of The John Brothers Piano Company!




A thrilling time was had


Comments

  1. The venue looks amazing! Seems like a un party you had ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment