Costume College - Thursday

I didn't take that many pictures on Thursday but I thought you might like to see the few I did get.  I got together with a few friends on Friday morning to start Costume College off by having tea at the Huntington.  It was frightfully hot so we decided to wear vintage.

I tried to style my hair a la Veronica Lake and was only partially successful - curse you humidity! My hat, gloves, purse and dress are all vintage and the shoes are these ones from Aerosoles in the black/faux patent.  Funny story about the dress, I actually wore this exact dress in 1997 when my husband-to-be and I snuck off to the courthouse to get married!  We had a full wedding ceremony by our friend (who couldn't legally marry us) with white dress later on.  Kinda cool I can fit into it after all these years!

I'm the tall blond in black

After the tea we rushed over to the hotel to check in and get ready for the Pool Party.  I'm embarrassed to say I didn't take many photos of the Pool Party save for pics of me and my cohort in Capitol fabulousness, Jenny-Rose.  But I did catch one of Kendra, Trystan and Sarah of Flock Flicks in the middle of their Wait Wait Don't Frock Me podcast.  I also got one of my best-roomie-evah Alyxx in her amazing glowing jellyfish/goldfish costume.






Comments