Sewing Room

For the past several months I can count on one hand the number of times I've been upstairs.  It's just been too hard with my foot surgery.  But now that I'm in shoes I'm actually able to poke my head into the sewing room.  Yes SEWING ROOM, not hobby room any more, because now that my husband has taken over Dad's old office I have the whole room to myself! With that in mind I've been doing a lot of pouring over Ikea catalogs and studying the sewing room make overs other bloggers have a have done.  I want it to be a place I can invite friends over to sew in as well as my own space, so one of the considerations was getting a cutting table that folded and was on casters so I could put it off to the side if needed.  After a lot of pondering I ended up with this.  And took over the Ikea cubby wall that my husband had been using.

  IMG_4252IMG_4250

 H offered and so I'm considering swapping out the two sides that fold down for longer ones since there's room when it's folded for them to be longer.  Even more cutting space!

Comments

  1. Did the cutting table come from Ikea also? If not where did you get it? I love the cubby cubes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Laurie, the table I got on Overstock.com. It's the True Cut Craft Table and overstock had the cheapest price of any of the websites I found- http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewing/Truecut-Crafting-and-Cutting-Table/6479100/product.html

      Delete
  2. I still cut on the floor. Which was great when I was younger.......But I think if I had such a fab convenience it would end up with piles of things stacked on one end just like the ironing board.
    Congrats, it's lovely to have a sewing room to oneself! Should we do a joint sewing space picture challenge? Clutterbug does shutterbug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to cut big stuff, like bustle skirts, on the floor but my knees have been objecting lately so I've been wanting a cutting table for the bodices and sleeves and smaller things. I seriously need to clean the sewing room but that may be a while yet!

      Delete

Post a Comment